Simple Things Still Mean Alot Target Lung Health Checks NHS App – new feature Did you miss your appointment in January 2024? Surgery Closure Wednesday 7th February 2024 Protected Learning Time (PLT) What is Health Coaching? Wirral Globe’s Post PCN Wellbeing Walk Wirral Falls Prevention Service
Wirral University Teaching Hospital recognises and appreciates the vital role Carers play in the life of all of our patients and have joined the Regional Carers Passport scheme. They want to promote a culture that recognises Carers and their needs within their hospitals (Arrowe Park and Clatterbridge).
The Carers Passport sets out their pledge to include and keep carers updated. Where infection prevention and control measures allow, carers may have extended visiting hours and the option to stay overnight, this is in addition to concessionary parking when available, and free regular access to hot drinks.
The passport is a free ID issued by WUTH, once a carer has requested one with one of the clinical team of the patient. All carers will have to complete a Carer Passport Partnership Agreement that they can discuss with the care team and then they will be issued the ID card.
WIRED have been working in partnership with NHS hospitals in the region to produce this Regional Carers Passport. This passport will put carers at the forefront of the care, support and treatment their loved ones receive. This will include them in the decision making, value and respect the knowledge and experience they have.
The WIRED Carers Team support the unpaid carers across Wirral and are really excited to be rolling this out in across our group, training session, online and share on social media. Anyone wanting to contact the carers team can on the Carers Helpline 0151 670 077 or text CARERS to 78007 .
This Carer’s Passport has been co-designed and produced by Trusts across the Merseyside and Cheshire Network and therefore will be recognised and agreed locally in:
• Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
• Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
• East Cheshire NHS Trust
• Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
• Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
• Liverpool Women’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
• Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust
• Mid Cheshire Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
• St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
• The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre NHS Foundation Trust
• The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust
• Warrington and Halton Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
• Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust